Praedictus Climate Solutions, LLC
Location: New York, NY
Praedictus Climate Solutions (PCS) brings new generation of data science and quantitative forecasting for agricultural commodities. A dynamic start-up with offices in New York and Chicago, we specialize in developing high-resolution quantitative forecasts for the agriculture industry and commodity markets. PCS helps clients:
- Quantify their markets by synthesizing global and regional forecast products from meteorological offices around the world with best-available models and agronomic data.
- Understand and quantify how systemic risk from climate extremes rises from the farmer’s field to the global market.
- Plan for the future by identifying the risks and opportunities they’re likely to face in the near future, so that they can begin now to innovate solutions to the world’s most pressing problems.
The Sales Representative will establish strong business relationships with our current client base and by leveraging those relationships and developing new leads will generate significant new business for PCS. In addition, through intense focus on the client, the Sales Representative must manage and improve the experience the client has with PCS, and retain and expand the client base.
- Market all products in assigned product lines by using exceptional selling skills to exceed pre-established forecasts.
- Work with our existing client base and prospective clients to close sales.
- Aggressively pursue opportunities for PCS and take a company leadership role.
- Continually promote PCS product offerings on all sales calls to achieve maximum client solution opportunities.
- Develop detailed business plans for each key account in order to achieve high annualized growth.
- Participate as a team member in all assigned corporate and focus account initiatives.
- Consistently update the company CRM to assist in monthly company sales forecasting and product build plans.
- Provide commitments of expected bookings on a bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly basis and assume ownership of accuracy.
- Aggressively pursue new selling opportunities and correctly identify same on all quotation submittals.
- Control expenses against pre-established budget and submit required reports on a timely basis.
- Experience in Agricultural or CAT modeling products for Insurance or ReInsurance strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in science, computation, or engineering and 1-3 years of experience in industry, academia, or related field with progressively increasing responsibilities OR 1-3 years of experience in a data, model, or SaaS sales position preferred
- Strong capacity to articulate industry-specific value proposition to address common vertical pain points
- Must have an exceptional understanding of our markets and preferably be knowledgeable of diverse statistical and/or CAT modeling applications.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to draw conclusions and observations from market trends and unit analysis
- Substantiated capability to effectively negotiate and close business
- Consistently meet and exceed quota (on activities such as campaigns, responses, calls, meetings but also qualified opportunities)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have impeccable organizational and time management skills and consider yourself a self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently, with initiative and good business judgment
- Ability to effectively learn and utilize on-line CRMs and other opportunity management systems.
- Are passionate, enthusiastic and eager to learn
- Possess an aggressive, positive attitude and strong collaborative streak
- Willingness to travel to accomplish assigned goals
- Proficiency in PC software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and i-Pad familiarity
Reasons to join PCS:
- Be an integral part of a dynamic and professional team that brings a wide variety of experiences and skill sets.
- Take advantage of great opportunities for career advancement
- Competitive commission-based compensation to reward you for incremental success.
PCS is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Please send resumes to email@example.com.